Balancing school, soccer, and your social life can be very stressful at times. If you are having trouble balancing all three of these, check out the following suggestions!
- Use an organizational tool to help you stay planned for upcoming tests, projects, and other school work. Add your soccer games, tournaments, practices, and social events to your agenda or calendar as well.
- Having all your important due dates and events laid out for you to see, serves as a great visual reminder. The more places you have important reminders written down, the less likely you are to forget them.
2. Don't Procrastinate
- Using an organizational tool can help you plan ahead (See Tip #1). If you have a big exam marked down in your agenda, for the day after a soccer tournament, create a study schedule leading up to your game so you aren't left cramming hours before the exam. Study for 1-2 hours every night, for at least a week, leading up to the soccer tournament.
3. Utilize Your Time Wisely
- Set realistic deadlines for the amount of time it will take you to complete your school work so you can plan ahead and finish it to the best of your ability.
- Finish your school work while on the way home from a soccer tournament or during any free time at school.
4. Don't be Afraid to Ask for Help
- Ask your teacher for further assistance if you are struggling with a concept or subject in school.
- Find a tutor, with a flexible schedule, that can help you before or after soccer practice.
- Study with friends; challenge each other by quizzing and teaching one another.
5. Create a Positive Work Space for Yourself
- Find a space that allows you to focus and do school work without feeling pressured or stressed.
6. Set Yourself Deadlines and Goals
- Set realistic deadlines and goals that you know you can accomplish without overwhelming yourself. Try setting a minor goal for every day that leads up to accomplishing one major goal.
7. Reward Yourself
- Reward yourself after accomplishing the deadlines and goals that you set for yourself!
Try some of these helpful tips and find out what works best for your schedule! If you have any suggestions about balancing school and soccer, please send them to CrossBonesSports@gmail.com. We can't wait to hear from you!